Part Time Jobs in Dubai
Dubai has a flourishing economy that is bursting with jobs. In order to fulfill its role as a popular tourist attraction and economic nerve-center of the Middle East, organizations in Dubai frequently seek individuals looking for part-time jobs.
Popular Jobs in Dubai for Part Time
Popular Dubai part time jobs include positions for photography, sales, graphic designing, office management, gym coaching, accounting, laundry, secretarial and more.
Employers in Dubai are usually very accommodating and often give their staff permission to work part-time after official working hours. It is one of the leading reasons why lots of part-time jobs in Dubai are filled by energetic people who are young and ambitious. But that does not mean that others will not be able to find Dubai jobs for part time!
Home Based Part Time Jobs in Dubai
Dubai also offers a large variety of home-based jobs. These jobs are ideal for people who want to make extra money from the comfort of their living quarters. In this case, you can either work from your computer to provide IT skills or provide one-on-one services (such as tutoring) to get paid by the hour; per client.
However, these tend to be skill based jobs and often require part-time workers to show adequate certification to authenticate the stated skill sets. Or you can promote your services by giving prospective employers free demos.
Requirements of Part Time Jobs in Dubai
Jobs in Dubai for part time that deal with office based positions usually provide average salaries and pay by the month. On the other hand, jobs for part time in Dubai that deal with field work (such as photography, delivery, driving, etc.) tend to pay by the hour.
However, there are a few things that you need to know before you start your search for part time jobs in Dubai:
- You can only engage in one part time job in addition to your primary job
- You must obtain a ‘No Objection Certificate’ from your primary employer
- Your part time employer will have to approach the Ministry of Labor to obtain a part time work permit for you
- Some companies that provide part time jobs in Dubai pay for four-hour shifts
- Your part time working hours cannot exceed the working hours of your primary job
- Part time work permits are issued with one year validity
- Students above the age of 18 are allowed to obtain part time work permits
- Domestic workers employed in residential areas cannot work part time
In a Nutshell
Part time jobs in Dubai provide the satisfaction that comes from having a reliable source of secondary income. The best part is that Dubai provides all the comforts and features that you can possibly ask for in a part time job.
People living in the Middle East frequently search for jobs in Dubai for part-time because the social, transport and economic infrastructure of the city is the one of the most reliable in the world.